Employee Wellness Programme (EWP)
Our employee wellness programme aims to support employees and their families; so that they can manage work, mental and/or behavioural health and life challenges; while assisting organisation leadership to manage the productivity and performance issues related to an employee's life challenges.This programme includes:
- Telephone Counselling 24/7 365 Days a Year
- Face-to-Face Counselling
- Managerial Consultation
- Legal and Financial Advice
- Trauma Debriefing and Counselling.
Wellness Screening and Events
Our health and wellness programme provides a comprehensive service that is strategically positioned to go beyond early disease detection. We put a strong emphasis on education, identification and prevention, leading to a reduction in long-term healthcare expenses and absenteeism in the organisation.This programme includes:
- Health Risk Assessments (HRAs)
- Clinical Health Screenings (wellness days)
- Executive Lifestyle Management
- Relaxation Interventions.
Disability, Absenteeism and Incapacity Management
Workplace attendance and its converse absenteeism are complex, multi-dimensional issues involving the interaction and subtle interplay between worker, employer, workplace, social, societal and economic factors.This service includes:
- Counselling as a result of Traumatic Exposures
- Return to Work Strategies
- Leave Register.
- Full Functional Assessments
- Work Site Visits.
- Comprehensive / Multiple
- Content Customisation.
Workplace Disability Management
- Expert advice with regard to the legislative framework related to persons with disabilities (PWDs)
- Disability Audits
- Management and Employee Workshops (sensitisation and disclosure w/s)
- Mentoring of PWDs and their managers to ensure sustainable integration in the workplace
- Disability drives and campaigns in line with the annual health calendar.
Occupational hygiene and environmental solutions
SANAS Accredited Department of Labour Approved Inspection Authority (AIA) for Occupational Hygiene, who with the aid of specialised knowledge and equipment delivers a comprehensive range of Health Risk Assessments and Occupational Hygiene Surveys.This service includes:
- Occupational Health Risk Assessments
- Lighting, Ventilation and Ergonomics Surveys
- Noise and Vibration Surveys
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Surveys
- Asbestos Surveys
- Environmental Risk Assessments
- Laboratory Analysis
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES (OHS) AND PRIMARY HEALTHCARE
Medical examinations establish whether an employee is fit for work an whether they are negatively affected by exposure at work. These are conducted in accordance with legal requirements as prescribed by the OHS Act and Mine Health and Safety Act.This service is provided through national delivery infrastructure:
- Onsite Clinics
- Mobile Occupational Health Services
- Occupational Health Centres.
In keeping up with the pace of busy executives, our Executive Wellness Assessment is aimed at gauging various functional states, providing real-time measurements of Physiology and performance and the consequent effect on wellness. The executive assessments can be conducted onsite nationally or at our medical facilities where our specialist medical advisors and a comprehensive multidisciplinary team are available to provide the comprehensive Executive Wellness Assessments.The assessments available include:
- General Medical
This is a standardised Executive Medical assessment including a risk questionnaire, pathology (blood tests), vitals risk assessment, general medical, stress ECG, lung function, and pulse oximetry
- Functional Wellness Assessment
A specialised assessment of cardiac function using the Cardiosleeve. The Omegawave technology is a specialised technology that measures the functional state of the body non-invasively. Omegawave measures the functional state of Autonomic Nervous System, cardiac and energy systems of the body These measurements indicate the level of stress on the body and the cardiac system and whether our bodies recover from these stressors. An unbalanced Autonomic nervous System results in an increased risk for developing chronic lifestyle diseases.
- Brain Performance
A specialised assessment of brain performance using Neurozone which is neuroscience clinical assessment of brain function and a brain diagnostic tool. Omegawave measures the physiological functional state of the brain using DC Potential
In just minutes, RightEye's patented technology measures visual skills and brain health and provides critical insights into health. It does this by monitoring eye movements which uncovers vision and brain health issues. It is further able to monitor recovery from brain injury; assess performance vision and monitor improvements. It can deliver objective instant reports with visualisations and precise metrics.
- Functional Muscle Movement and Muscle Activation
A specialised mind - muscle activation methodology that improves posture, movement and sports performance. Used by Executives, amateur and elite athletes globally.
A scientifically-based, body composition analysis done with Inbody.
- Health Coaching
One-on-one consultations with a health coach to develop a bespoke plan aimed at managing identified risks, promoting total health and wellness and maintaining work-life balance. Executives will also have access to Wellmo, an interactive cloud based wellness management platform, with features that include mobile tracking applications. The application can be connected to over 100 monitoring mobile devices and wellness applications and can be used to facilitate individual coaching, group challenges and campaigns.Far more than just a "medical" tool, our Wellness for Leadership approach is to strategically align an organisation's business imperatives with the health and wellness goals for its key employees.
Health Promotion, Education and Training
MHC offers world class training and helps you get the most out of your investment. Our training programmes are aligned with the South African National Health campaign and also include the development of material in response to the ever changing needs of the workplace.
Some of the programme offerings include:
- HIV/AIDS (Awareness, Peer Education, and Wellness Champion)
- Effective Stress Management, Managing Stress Effectively
- Substance Abuse
- Diversity Management
- Resilience Enhancement and Trauma Preparedness
- Mental Health
- Personal Mastery and Resilience
- Trauma Preparedness and Management
- Effective Communication Skills
- Assertiveness Training
- Effective Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution
- Effective Time Management
- Personal Financial Management.
Digital Wellness and Virtual CareThis service includes access to:
- Hello Doctor
- Care Angel (virtual nurse)
- USSD-Enabled Surveys
- Interactive Health Portals.